||Technical Services Engineer – Hydroprocessing
|Job is available in these locations:
||Richmond, California, USA
Pascagoula, Mississippi, USA
Houston, Texas, USA
||Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical Service Engineer located in Richmond, California or Pascagoula, Mississippi or Houston, Texas through June 25th, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
The Technical Service Engineer will perform a variety of technical support work for the Hydrocracking, Hydrotreating and Lube Hydroprocessing technologies. This work involves providing technical service for existing business and for preparation of technical proposals related to keeping the business. It also requires onsite support for unit startups and review of operating and safety procedures. Approximately 25% travel will be required.
||Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Obtain, condense, and interpret operating data to monitor catalyst performance, recommend operating guidelines, and estimate remaining catalyst life.
- Plan and lead in-plant shutdown and startup assistance, including catalyst loading, regeneration, and sulfiding consultation. Administer plant performance test runs as required.
- Answer clients’ operating questions to stay close to the customer and lead the effort to retain the catalyst business. Level of support is dependent on the marketing strategy for each customer. Includes some process equipment troubleshooting. Will include site visits and periodic operating data reports
- Participate in conceptual design studies in support of licensed unit re-vamp or de-bottlenecking.
- Be able to understand process design packages
- Run ProVision models to simulate the process to diagnose operating and equipment problems.
- Generate Process and Analytical Manuals
- Answer clients’ questions as part of design follow-up support
- There is a marketing role to this position as it will act as the front end loading for catalyst resale to customers; new and existing.
New Plant Startup Support
- Plan and lead new plant startup assistance, including commissioning, equipment process inspections, catalyst loading, sulfiding, start-up, and plant performance test runs.
- Document each phase of the startup, and work with the customer to manage their needs and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years process engineering experience in the oil and gas industry. Prefered refinery experience in a hydroprocessing unit
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of time.
- Technical Support – Require experience supporting commercial hydrocracking/hydroprocessing units in a refinery or as a catalyst supplier. Ability to acquire and evaluate data to recommend changes to achieve customer operating objectives. Must have basic knowledge of process design tools such as PROVISION (or similar process simulator), heat exchanger design tools, etc.
- Hydroprocessing Experience –Technical and operating experience in hydrocracking operations within a refinery, kinetics, and data analysis required. Similar experience with hydrotreaters is a plus.
- Field Experience – Basic understanding of how equipment functions in the field and overall plant operation is required. Knowledge and understanding of a broad variety of hydroprocessing-specific equipment is a plus.
- Communication Skills – Ability to communicate with clients to effectively promote our technology and represent Chevron in a positive light to outside companies. Ability to communicate well with teammates and managers during project and tech service work required. Proven ability to listen to clients and put hteir request into actionable work list.
- Ability to prepare and effectively present technical and operating summaries to all levels of customer organization to evaluate unit operations and recommend operating strategy.
- Organizational/Leadership Skills – Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and manage multiple work activities to meet customer needs and expectations required. Must possess ability to manage a team and delegate work out to team. Must be able to interact with a variety of experience levels and position types.
- Ability to design a variety of unit operations such as heat exchangers, vessels, distillation columns, etc. is a plus but not required.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
|Education Required Discipline:
|If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)